Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally... I arrived!!

I endured 17.5 hours of laughter, small chatter, watching many movies, enduring a sore and numb butt (occasionally) to say I'm FINALLY SISTERLOCKED!!

Although, my installation was split into a period of 2 days. I chosen 8/29 to be my Official sisterlock birthday. I went back and forward on what day to put on that "birthday" card but decided 8/29 because it was the official day I got it started.

As of right now, I have mixed feelings about my hair. I wish I would have had my hair cut into a style before I actually got the sisterlocks. That way, it would have a more define shape. My hair is uneven going into the installation so, the back of my hair will be a lot longer than the front. However, I think it may grow into a layered type style. The top back of my hair is shorter than the bottom back of my hair. So, I'm really interested to see how my hair would look as it grows out! My loctician and I talked about the option to get a nice cut style once my locks grow out and begin to settle. It all depends on how it looks.

I love my hair and the freedom it will bring me! Of course, now that I'm officially locked, I can't wait to actually SEE the progress. I was shocked to see that my hair has more spacing than expected (only because my hair is kinda thick) but, my loctician assured me that it will be only be temporary! My husband thinks I have a bit of "buyers remorse" because I'm not feeling the "spacing" in my hair. I told him I definitely don't regret getting it locked I just have to really embellish my hair with hats and accessories for the first couple of months into I see progress!

I'm so excited to share my journey with all of you and I'm looking forward to the see where this journey will take me! I'm finally home and it feels good!

2 comments: