Friday, September 4, 2009

Dry and itchy Scalp

This week has been such a new beginning for me and my hair! I got my locks installed on this pass weeekend andI'm loving my first week journey thus far. I'm happy to say my locs already seem to be changing right before my eyes and its only the first week! I can't wait to see what the weeks and months have in store as they mature!

I washed my hair the first day after installation, my locs kind of dropped from its curly state a little. 2 days after I washed I started to experience a bit of dry scalp and flakiness around the crown of head. I'm hoping this something that will eventually pass . I think it will be a nuisance if it gets worst. My hair regimen consists of gently spraying my hair with a bit of water every morning to give moisture to my scalp ( I never exceed this, because I don't want to interrupt the locking process). I do have a urge to rub raw shea butter through my locs but, I know that this will not be a good ideal! My loctician Stressed to me to not put any oil in my hair especially the first 6 months!

I really don't think I have dandruff, because it is not really flaky it just a bit dry. I would like for anyone out who experience the same thing to give me any tips to help me in this matter. I'm a newbie to sisterlocks and want to get all the trick of the trade to keep my scalp moist and locs healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment