Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On the road to a healthier Me

This year has been a year of total change for me! I put a lot of old habits and mentalities about my hair, my self image and my weight behind me! I feel like a new person! I thank my lord and Saviour for being my muse of inspiration! He has guided me to realization that I'm beautiful the way he TRULYmade me. He also has been working in me to realize that patience is a virtue... Good things come to those who wait!

I have been struggling with my weight a little bit since 2004! I've always been a pretty small young lady with curves. However, when I met my hubby all of that went out the window. My husband is a big guy who loves to eat. Me being so happy and in love said, the heck with it and did the same. Of course 5 pounds turned into 10 and 10 turned into 15 pounds gained.... When I looked up it was 2009 and I gained over 90 pounds!!! I was not happy with myself at the end of 08' going into the New Year!

I knew I had to do something and I had to do it fast! I didn't want my weight gain to cause health problems for my future! Before I began I knew I had to change my views on dieting. Someone told me not to think of it as "dieting" but more as a lifestyle change! When I got that notion into my head my whole ideal on losing weight changed. I got into a bad habit of eating junk food especially drive through places like McDonald's, Burger King... Because of the connivance.

I derived a plan to eat healthier by preparing meals for work and dinner in advance. To keep me out of the drive through! I also, got off my couch and started to jog, exercise and dance more! When I was skinny I weighed 135, when I gained all of the weight I reached 215 pounds!! Now I'm 194 pounds ! I know I have more to go but, I'm so proud of my progress so far! My goal is to get back down to 135-140 pounds by next May! That why I said Patience is a virtue! I know I will lose the weight if I keep my trust in the lord and have confidence that I can do it. The key to losing weight is You can accomplish anything when you believe in yourself! My aunt always told me how important it is to plan your work and work your plan to see result!

I'm so glad that Jesus is molding me to love myself and really be free from all the bondage's in this world. The bondage of thinking I need to look a certain way, and Fit into a certain image to be considered beautiful! It's OK to be a Bigger sized person but I learned that its important to be Healthy no matter what size you are!

1 comment:

  1. I know you will reach your goal! AND, Mama your SLs are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete