Friday, September 18, 2009

SL Update

In the last couple of weeks since my Installation I've seen plenty of progress! I've also seen a couple problems that may be potential setbacks:

Here are some of the Good Things: My hair seem to be getting fuller and a wee bit longer ( as well as thicker), I've perfected banding a braiding my hair :)!

Bad Things: Incredibly dry scalp, with itchiness, major slippage on nap of my neck and front of my head. I also developed a sore on my scalp for scratching a VERY itchy spot. (The spot has healed since I did that ).

Although I was told to put no oil in my hair I wonder if I should try the Moisture products advertised on the Sisterlocks website. Or I wonder by me being a "newbie" is it too soon to try these products.

I spritz my hair with water everyday before I go to work. But due to the extreme dryness in my scalp I've been spraying my scalp more frequently. The water trick helps for a small amount of time but, I'm worried I may be over doing it with the water.

I was told to try lemon juice, Witch hazel and sea brezze to help aide in the itchyness. But I think out of the 3 I want to go with the witch hazel ideal. Sea breeze dries out the scalp (so I heard) and lemon juice (I'm afraid this may cause build up in my locs)! I guess I can't knock the ideals totally until I try it!

I'm excited about my first retightening that will be taking place on 9/26. Because of some of the slippage in the front and back of my head, my hair is starting to look a bit unruly. I have tons of questions to ask my loctician and I hope that she can help me with them. Aside from that, my hair has a nice amount on new growth that is begging to be retighten.

I'm loving my Sisterlocks with each passing day! I know the problems are minor and will be fixable! I absolutely love the freedom to get up and go without putting up a fuss over styles for my hair. I currently wear my hair freestyle. I'm waiting for a little more length to try different styles. I do have some flexrods that I may give a go to see what style I can create but, I will do it after I get my hair retighten!

My husband thinks my hair is sexy he loves the length and wish I would've made the decision to get SL's long time ago. He comments on my hair daily even some days when I'm not feeling it! This makes me feel reallygood about my hair and I'm excited about the journey ahead!


1 comment:

  1. No. No oil until well after you have matured locked SLs. You might want to research some shampoos that won't cause build up too.

    Some slippage can happen. It's okay. Things will settle down for sure.

    You won't regret you SL investment. Give your self a year to review...you will see. ;o)

    ReplyDelete