Monday, September 28, 2009

1 Month down... A life time journey to go!

The day before my first retightening! Whoo look at that new growth!








The Day I got it Retighten, my hair was so unruly right after!










Close up of my Hair right after I got it retighten. Please excuse my expression, I was concentrating way too hard LOL!









Hey Everyone,

On 9/29 my locks will be 1 month old yeeaahhh! I'm having a blast with my locks and can't wait to see what each month in my journey will hold! I had my first retightening on 9/26. It went very well! It took 3.5 close to 4 hours to get my locs retighten. But, I had such a good time with my loctician the time went by so fast! Of course right after I got the retightening, my hair was a bit unruly but I know it will start to relax as the week progress. Good News, my itchy scalp problem is virtually no more! I will invest in Witch hazel, Apple Cider and Vinegar and some Sea breeze. But I didn't have to use any of those products because it stopped on it's on. My loctician told me anytime my hair gets really itchy like that to wash it! I exercise a lot and work out so I know the sweat builds up and dirt makes my scalp itchy. I thought that washing my hair a lot would interrupt the locking process. She told me to wash my hair as often as I can ONLY if it's really really itchy!

My loctician also told me my hair is going to lock faster than some of her other clients because of its texture (Can't hardly wait for this to happen). Now that I'm one month in, I will be experimenting with my locs with flex rods to see the styles I can create. I don't do much rolling or twist outs on my hair because my hair is very curly on the ends. I consider that to be a style in itself! I was waiting to get a little more length before curling but, I'm starting to get a little bored with freestyling. Also, I'm looking for some fragance to put in my hair like jasmine or rosemary to drop in my spray bottle. Just to give it a little something extra. I don't what product to by to use on my hair. I hope my sisterlock sisters can give some suggestions!

I hope everyone Have a Blessed Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment