Monday, August 10, 2009

Count down to the sisterlock Installation



Here are some pics of my sisterlock samples. I went to meet my sisterlock loctician on 8/2 and I had a very informative consultation. I'm really excited that I've chosen her because she is very informative, very sweet, and flexible with her time. When I decided I wanted sisterlocks I looked up her site along with numerous others before deciding that she was the person I wanted to do my sisterlocks. I have a good feeling that I chose the right lady, I believe we are going to have a good relationship we seem to click and have so much in common.

I also received my Sisterlock starter shampoo in the mail today at work !! I was soooo excited I started to jump up and down at work. People looked at me at work like I lost my mind but when I explained why I was excited they kind of understood.. My package was just a reminder that the date is almost near! Of course, each day seem to drag by like eternity because I'm so excited LOL!

My hair is curly at the ends so it curls up tremendously when it is wet. I wonder as I embark on this journey if my curly ends will be a problem locking or will it help. I guess we will find out soon!

Every day after I exercise or go for my jog I sit and gaze at sisterlock pics read some of the ladies blogs and sit and wonder how mine will look when it's mature. Just typing about it is exciting me inside. I will be tracking my journey through pictures so get ready--- 19 days more days before I'm official!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming installation. I can imagine how excited you are. My eighteen yo daughter had her consultation on 8/16/09 and she was excited as well. Her sisterlocks will be installed 9/11/09and she can't wait!:) The two of you have the same hair texture...curly at the bottom. I think it will probably take a lil' longer to lock than someone with a more tight curl to their hair. I will be getting sisterlocks also. I am currently growing this horrible perm out. I'm waiting for more length before i make the big chop:) I know that I can get the locks with the perm still on the ends but i find that it is too much work. The two textures is hard to work with and the permed hair is shedding like crazy!!! It's time for it to go!!! lol. I suggested your blog to my daughter. I will post my pic as soon as I learn how..lol. Looking forward to following you in your journey!
    Peace and Blessings, Kanesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kanesha!! I wish your daughter luck on her sisterlock journey!! I hope you embark on the sisterlock journey as well. The fact your going natural will bring you so much freedom and pride in your decision. You will feel empowered!! Well good luck to you both and stay blessed!!

    ReplyDelete