Friday, August 14, 2009

Size, Curly q's and slippage issues

As I patiently wait for my sisterlock journey (14 or 15 days away :) !! ) I can't help but wonder about some issues that may arise! For instance, size... My loctician believes small and medium will be suitable for me. I wounder when they begin to settle and swell will they begin to look too big? I like the ideal of "miro locs" so I'm trying to decide will that be a better choice for me! However, with micro sisterlocs the maintenace tends to be even more tedious to maintain, than the size we chose. I really want to be happy with what I choose besides this is how I will be wearing my hair for years to come!

Secondly, my other concern is with my curly q's at the end of my hair. I wonder does curly hair hinders or helps with the locking process. My hair tends to curl a LOT especially when it is wet! Well, I guess I will see.

Lastly, slippage issues, I read a lady blog who stated that when she first got her locks she didn't wash her hair but like once a month because she really wanted her hair not to slip. Is this something all newbies should do? I hear different stories all the time and I don't know what to go with! My loctician suggest to wash your hair as often as I want with the sisterlock shampoo just to help the locking along. I trust her judgement but, I also don't want to wash too much that my hair loses its moisture. I guess as I embark on this journey I will begin to see what works and what doesn't! Oh, the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment