Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Products I love for my Natural hair

Since I've been natural, I always seem to get asked questions on what I use on my hair to get it so soft and manageable. I think there are essential products every person should have to promote healthier, stronger hair!

Product 1 - A very large tooth comb and Denman brush. I love both products. They are made for our hair types and I really feel that I don't lose as much hair when I grooming my hair.

Product 2- This one is for the ladies: A satin bonnet, scarf and/or pillow case. Your hair won't dry out as easily on a satin pillowcase and it protects your hair from breaking easily!

Product 3- Vitamins or Supplements!! My favorite supplements is Biotin-- It helps promote healthier skin, nails and hair. I've been taking this for over a year now and YES I can see a difference in all 3!

Product 4 - Raw Shea butter, I just got hipped to using shea butter this year! I originally got the shea butter to help with my skin because I hae ecezema! But, I started using it in my hair and it was a heaven sent. I notice my hair is so much more softer and fuller. When I would curl my hair I would use this as a oil to help aide in the process.

Product 5- Extra Virgin olive oil and avocado- I would mix the 2 and use it as a deep conditioner before I wash my hair for 1 hour. It promotes shine and growth! It gets messy at times but is well worth it if you do this every week to every 2 weeks.

Product 6- Jojoba oil
Product 7- Mayo and eggs
Product 8- Kinky Curly Shampoo and Conditioner- This is the best organic shampoo and conditioner I ever used on my head... The shampoo gets your hair SUPER clean with out stripping your hair from its natural oils. The leave in conditioner makes my hair so soft and easy to comb and detangle! I even like the Curly custard... But because my hair is so curly on its on I stop using the curly custard! LOVE IT LOVEIT LOVE IT!!

This is just some of the products that I used to help my hair get stronger and healthier! I love any natural products and I try to stay away from name brand shampoos and conditioners that strip our hair from it's natural oils. I love each item on my list and I hope if you try them you will get the same results that I do!! Have a blessed day!

1 comment: